Learning English for Business Communication
Our Business and Professional English training , whether in-company, to students of business, or at a language training institution, is appropriate for the learner but also interesting and stimulating for both the classroom and the real-world professional situation.
Business English is more than just General English with different vocabulary. The profile and needs of the learner, and the role of the teacher, is often very different from traditional teaching.
Where to start? What do our learners want, need and expect? How can we meet those needs?
Our business English courses introduce learners to contemporary approaches and knowledge for teaching Business English, enabling you to develop your existing skills through practical guidance that can be used in a variety of business communication situations.
Developing your skillset helps develop your own knowledge of the nature of the language of business and business conducted in English.
Who is the course suitable for?
Typical course participants are those people working in business and professional domains at all levels.
The course develops communication skills in speaking, writing, and listening through a structured methodology and practical hands-on tasks.
- the communication needs of Business English learners
- the role of language proficiency in real-world communication
- the development of meaningful Business English language and skills
- the use of authentic materials, simulations and case studies
- the adaptation of general purpose materials
- assessment, feedback and error correction
What approach is used?
- Classes will be practical, collaborative and ‘hands-on’, with reference to relevant theory and up-to-date topics from the business world.
- Courses are participant-centred to enable participants to readily relate course content to their context.
- Tasks and activities relevant to real-world business learning contexts drive the course content.